Environment and Water
5253 - MURRAY BRIDGE
Long Term Contract
Open to Everyone
Contract Type: Long term backfill opportunity
until 23 September 2022 with possibility of further extension.
Remuneration: OPS3 ($63,681 - $67,868)
The District Officer is an operational role for mobilizing land
managers to ever better manage their natural resources through a
whole of landscape approach to Natural Resources Management. The
District Officer contributes to the implementation, monitoring of
and reporting on the relevant District Plan, and delivers on ground
works, activities and minor projects aimed at threat abatement and
other NRM related issues on public and private lands across
landscapes in the SAMDB region.
Requirements / Special Conditions:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in natural resources
management, park management, environmental science,
agricultural science or equivalent is desirable.
- Will be required to participate in fire management or
- A valid National Police Clearance (NPC) is a
- The incumbent is required to work alone in a field
environment, including working in adverse conditions from time
- Must hold a current drivers’ licence and be prepared
to undertake 4WD training.
- Some out of hours work, intrastate travel involving
overnight absences from home and attendance at public meetings
out of normal office hours may be required.
- All staff are encouraged to wear the appropriate uniform in
any public setting to represent the region in a professional
- The incumbent must be willing to undertake and
satisfactorily complete within a reasonable period of
commencing in the role accredited training that relates to the
administration of the Natural Resources Management Act and
other relevant legislation.
- May be required to work on weekends and public holidays for
which a loading will be paid.
Kylie Moritz, Acting District
Manager, Murraylands on 0428 898 456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online by submitting a CV and letter of application (max 3
pages) addressing the competency elements outlined in the Role
Description. Strictly follow the Applicant Guidelines which is
20/02/2020 6:00 PM
- Applicant Guidelines.pdf
- Role Description - OPS3_District Officer, Murraylands.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.