Site Interpreter (Casual, multiple positions)
Department for Environment and Water
Job reference: 398593
Location: 5271 - NARACOORTE
Job status: Casual
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
Position is casual for 12 months and will primarily be a seasonal role during peak periods of the year when visitation to the sites increase.
Multiple positions are available and are based at either the Naracoorte Caves NP or the Tantanoola Caves CP (indicate in your application if you have a preference).
A current Class C driver's licence and willingness and ability to safely operate a 4WD is essential.
Required to work a roster including weekends and public holidays. Hours of work vary according to the operational needs of the business centre and the incumbent may be required to work at short notice.
Will be required to wear a uniform in accordance with departmental policy.
This role has functions pertaining to working with children therefore a Working With Children Check will be required.
Remuneration is $26.81 - $27.12 per hour (GSE3), plus 25% casual loading.
Enquiries to Decima McTernan, Senior Guide Naracoorte & Tantanoola Caves
All applications must be submitted online.
Application to include your CV (including 2 referees) and a letter, of no more than 2 pages, in response to:
1. Outline your experience/skills/abilities with dealing with a range of customers including tourists of all ages and cultures and school groups.
2. What are the key requirements for good communication and presentation of information.
3. What is your understanding of workplace, safety & wellbeing with regard a site such as a cave environment.
Applications close: 24/09/2020 10:00 PM
- Role Description GSE3 Site Interpreter June 2020.pdf
- employment declaration.pdf