Department for Environment and Water
5000 - ADELAIDE
Open to Everyone
The Casual Site and Events Officer is responsible for assisting or
acting on behalf of the full-time Site and Events Coordinator when
they are absent or in need of additional help. Tasks will include
managing on-ground operations for key heritage sites on behalf of
Heritage South Australia, especially for the Torrens Parade Ground
and Drill Hall. The role may also help to manage maintenance and
site contractors under the AGFMA agreement, support lease tenants
and facilitate site access and coordination of venue hire and car
parking and event space bookings according to the fees and charges
and booking schedule.
This is a part-time casual role which may only be required for a
few days a month.
Key role outcomes:
- Heritage sites are managed, monitored and condition and
maintenance issues reported in a timely manner.
- Maintenance, replacement and minor works programs are
coordinated in accordance with Heritage principles and
- Tenant and bookings customers’ requests are managed
and elevated where needed.
- Customer service functions are efficiently delivered
through liaison with lessees, contractors, volunteers, heritage
site users and the public, including site induction, to ensure
heritage places are used appropriately and risks managed..
- External events, bookings and parking are managed
effectively, ensuring adherence to Work, Health, and Safety
- Timely and positive responses to dealing with unexpected
crises and/or emergency situations.
- Required to work alone and be self-reliant.
- Out of hours work will be required.
Remuneration: OPS2 - $55,135 - $59,503
Enquiries to: Anna Pope, Program Manager,
Heritage and Maritime
Email: Anna.Pope@sa.gov.au, ph: 81244858
To apply please submit a CV and a letter of application (max 3
pages) addressing the technical, professional, and qualifications
outlined in the Role Description
22/04/2021 11:00 PM
- Role Description - Site and Events Officer - Casual.pdf
- employment declaration.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.