Environment and Water
5343 - BERRI
Long Term Contract
Open to Everyone
The District Field Officer is an operational role for supporting
land managers to ever better manage their natural resources through
a whole of landscape approach to Natural Resources
Management. The District Field Officer contributes to the
implementation, monitoring of, and reporting on the relevant
District Plan, and delivers on-ground works, activities and minor
projects aimed at threat abatement and other NRM related issues on
public and private lands across landscapes in the SAMDB region.
- The incumbent is required to work alone in a field
environment, including working in adverse conditions from time
- Some out of hours work, intrastate travel involving
overnight absences from home and attendance at public meetings
out of normal office hours may be required.
- All staff are encouraged to wear the appropriate uniform in
any public setting to represent the NR SAMDB region in a
- May be required to work on weekends and public holidays for
which a loading will be paid.
- May be required to participate in fire management or
- Must hold a current drivers’ license and be prepared
to undertake 4WD training.
- Must be willing to undertake and satisfactorily complete,
within a reasonable period of commencing in the role,
accredited training that relates to the administration of the
Natural Resources Management Act.
- A current National Police Clearance (NPC) is a
- Basic proficiency with MS Office products and GIS.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in natural resources
management, park management, environmental science,
agricultural science or equivalent would be an advantage.
OPS2 ($53,815 - $58,003)
Hannah Spronk, Senior District
All applications must be submitted online, strictly following the
19/09/2019 6:00 PM
- Applicant Guidelines.pdf
- Role Description - OPS2_District Field Officer.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.